Solvent Buddy Inc. has been providing businesses, both large and small, with specialized equipment in waste management and industrial services since 1996. Also adding as of 2017, Chemical Cleaning to its services. Since humble beginnings on the south side of Edmonton the company has grown and now has three locations in Western Canada. Solvent Buddy provides a complete range of services into light industrial, aviation, forestry, mining, oil and gas. With that being said Solvent Buddy has a strong foundation in Safety, Integrity and Dependability.
We are looking to grow our Yard Labourer Team with a Full-time, Permanent Team Member; Individuals with interests in Driving, Environmental Sciences and/or Chemistry would find this position to have relevant exposure and experience.
Based out of our West-End facility, Yard Labourers are responsible for the hands on operations and maintenance of the Yard. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, ensuring adherence to work procedures and safety policies. This entry level position has the potential to launch your Truck Driving, Environmental Science, or Chemical Cleaning career.
- Consistently contributing to the Yard team’s work assignment(s) and working to ensure deadlines are met
- Operate machinery and equipment as required i.e. Drum Crusher,Forklift
- Enforce all health and safety standards as set forth by Solvent Buddy Inc.
- Ensure proper personal protective equipment is used at all required times and is in proper working order
- Any other related work duties as required
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent is required
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 lbs.
- Working outdoors regardless of weather conditions
- Regular hours with the opportunity to earn overtime
- Forklift experience, WHMIS, and TDG experience are assets
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Strong dedication to health and safety in the workplace
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment Alcohol & Drug test, as well as adhere to our Alcohol & Drug policy
Why Solvent Buddy:
- Stable Full Time Position with Full Benefits After 3 Months
- Competitive Compensation In Recognition Of Previous Experience
- Attractive Work-Life Balance For Quality Family Life
- Growth Opportunities
If your skills and training meet the above criteria, please submit your resume.
Thank you for your interest in Solvent Buddy and considering Solvent Buddy as your next employer.